Whether you are heading out just for a dog walk for a few hours, or on a multi-day expedition, make sure you formally designate someone to look out for your return. That check-in person should be able to answer the following questions:
- How many in your party? names, ages? Does anyone have health concerns?
- When do you expect to return? How much leeway should be allowed before RCMP should be called?
- If camping, at which location(s) do you plan to camp at and what color/model tent will you be using?
- From where do you plan to leave (trailhead name or coordinates)?
- What is your cell phone number?
- Do you have the Essentials?
Check out the Adventure Smart trip planning APP! This APP makes it very easy to file trip plans with friends or family. It is easy to update as trip plans change.